If you think that you should visit the doctor only when you’re sick or not feeling well think again. There are many signs and symptoms that indicate trouble with the health that you shouldn’t ignore. When those signs and symptoms relate to your cardio health, you cannot wait. When should you visit the South Florida Cardiology heart doctor? Eight of the biggest signs are listed below.
1. Recommendation: If the doc says you need to go to a cardiologist, heed his advice and schedule the appointment quickly.
2. Heart Pain: If you experience any type of heart pain, you need the expertise that a cardiologist offers.
3. History of Heart Disease If anyone in your immediate family has had heart disease or other heart problems, you are at an increased risk and should talk to a cardiologist regularly.
4. High Blood Pressure: High blood pressure is yet another good reason to make your way to the cardiologist. It is better to be safe than to be sorry, after all.
5. High Cholesterol: If the sum of your cholesterol is 200 mg or higher you are at an increased risk of heart disease. A visit to a cardiologist will reveal the truth behind the matter.
6. You Smoke: Even if you’ve now kicked the habit, it is important to maintain an eye on your heart years later.
7. Diabetes: If you are diabetic or pre-diabetic, you should make an appointment to visit the cardiologist as it can contribute to heart disease.
8. Gum Disease: Many people do not realize that gum disease affects more than just their oral health. It can increase the risks of having a heart attack and heart disease, in fact. If you suffer from gum disease, make it a habit to go to the cardiologist on a regular basis.